Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Re-Evaluating

I just found out that a young man I am acquainted with, passed away last night. He had cancer. I believe colon cancer. He was in his mid-thirties, and left behind a beautiful wife and two small children. He was a minister and sang like an angel.

It has reminded me that life is so short. There is no guarantee that any of us will be here tomorrow. I want to take today to remember my loved ones, and to show them how much they mean to me. I want to be able to hug them today, and tell them that I love them.

I want to spend my time showing my loved ones just how much I care.

Life is short, what will YOU do with your time?

2 comments:

Lauren said...

I'm so sorry Kendra. This is incredibly sad.
Your post is so true, and what a precious sentiment. I will make sure to give out extra love today, and have gratitude in my heart. Thank you for your words.
Love you!

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much for reminding me that life can be ended in a blink, and that we need to hold our loved ones tight and never waste a breath. I will tell them I love them, and even more so today because of you. Thanks so much, and I am very sorry about your friend.