Friday, September 11, 2009

9/11

Today I sit and think of how life changed just eight short years ago.

I remember the terror that I felt..and I remember wondering if my unborn child would live and survive in this cruel world.

I remember the mad scramble to the nearest television to watch footage of this horrible event.

I remember wanting to be as close to my family and my loved ones as possible.

I remember crying and wondering why so many innocent people had to die.

I remember grabbing my Bible and searching for a word of reassurance that all would right itself in the end.

I remember my husband and I making an emergency plan, a plan that would be put into place, should anything like this ever happen again.

I remember hearing that friends, people that I loved, were being sent to fight in a war that was "against terrorism".

But most of all, I remember that through all of this, America stood.

And I am proud to be an American.

I am proud that I can say I live in the greatest country that has ever been.

I am proud that my children are free Americans.

I am thankful.

I am thankful for the protection of God over this nation.

I am thankful for the protection of God over my family.

I am thankful for the peace that God has given us...I am thankful for the peace that God has promised us.

I am thankful that I live in the land of the free, where I can worship as I please, and where I have little fear of persecution for my beliefs.

And so, today, on the 8th anniversary of 9/11, I remember those who lost their lives and loved ones, I stand, proud to be an American, and I kneel, humbly thankful to my God for His continued protection and guidance of this great nation.



No comments: