Monday, November 10, 2008

Its HOW MANY Days Until Christmas?!?!?

So, I hear there are only 44 days until Christmas! Say, WHAT?
I, so far, have only purchased about three Christmas gifts. Yep, that's right, folks...I am holding off until there is money in the bank! No credit card purchases here!

Seriously, though, Scott just mentioned to me that just once he would LOVE it if we had a Christmas where I didn't have to plan, execute and clean up after a Christmas program. I think I am beginning to agree that I have too much on my plate.

Most years, I am responsible for planning and running our church Christmas program. That program usually takes place on the second or third Sunday in December. THIS year...well...I am in charge of a big Christmas Banquet, complete with a hall rental and invitations. I am also in charge of the Christmas program at church, which happens to be on the first Sunday of December. And...guess what? The program and the banquet happen to be on THE SAME DAY!
I am finding that this is far more stressful than just planning ONE event. My plans are all jumbling together in my head, and I am just dreading Sunday, December 7th.

So, if you don't mind too terribly much, please say a prayer for me, my husband and my mental state.


6 comments:

Judy said...

I agree - less on the plate, girl! Christmas is busy enough - time to let go and allow someone else the joy of planning these awesome events. Maybe next year, right?

LZ Blogger said...

Kendra Lynn ~ Sometimes it is just nice NOT to have to be the responsible one isn't it? Especially at this time if year! ~ jb///

OldLady Of The Hills said...

MANY PRAYERS are coming your way...This is TOO much in one day!
I understand why you would be completely overwhelmed. Someetimes, there are some of us who just take on too much.
Maybe you should tell one of these groups that you are over-streched?

Yeah.

I couldn't do it either.

PRAYERS ARE DEFINITELY COMING YOUR WAY, My Dear....!

Cliff said...

Yeah, we fought that stuff (getting in the middle of everything) for years. Having kids get married and move away really calmed things down.
I didn't tell you but our new pastor's wife is a cert. vocal and piano teacher. I GOT RID OF THE CHOIR!
Now I just sit with the tenors and sing. I've had to learn to do that again.
You'll do well with your Christmas banquet and program. Soon it will be Christmas morning and you'll have a smile on your face.

Jamie Dawn said...

That's quite a lot for one day.
I suggest you delegate as much responsibility to others as you can to ease your burden.
I'm sure both events will go well, and then you can relax and enjoy the rest of the holiday season.
:-)

Anonymous said...

Now you know that if you weren't doing these things, you'd just find something else to do and still be busy. Happy Holidays.