Friday, April 04, 2008

Excellent News!

I have VERY good news! My sister called me today to update me on Granny. She is doing very well. They took her off the oxygen, started taking her for little strolls, she is eating, her bladder infection is clearing up....AND....they started her on an Alzheimer's medication. My Granny hasn't spoken more than a word or two at a time for probably two years. They have been giving her this medication for a couple days now, and she has been speaking lots of words and some sentences! This is a miracle!
I talked to my Papa, and he sounded so encouraged. They are going to keep her on the medication and see what happens.
Obviously, the medication does not cure Alzheimer's, but it stalls it. And it seemingly helps the person's mind to be sharper and more aware of their surroundings.
I am so thankful for the small miracles. God is so good!
Thank you all for your prayers. I know they helped!

I will keep you updated.

Love,
Kendra

2 comments:

Judy said...

This is wonderful news, Kendra, thanks for sharing!

And yes, I do agree - your eyesight is worse than mine! HAHA

Granny said...

Oh Kendra, that is wonderful news!!