Tuesday, April 01, 2008

Sadness

Sadness is my close friend this evening. My mom called and said that my Papa had to call an ambulance to take my Granny to the hospital. You know things must be really bad for him to take her to a hospital. She has Alzheimer's and has been getting steadily worse for quite awhile now. Today he found her hunched over, staring into space, totally unresponsive.
I have a terrible time with this. My Granny was always such an active person. She worked hard her whole life, even when they retired and moved back to Tennessee. When she wasn't cleaning her house, or helping someone else who was in need, she was fishing with my Papa, or working at their church.
Its so hard to think of her like this, like a child. And now, like someone who very well may be close to death.
I am sad.
I try to think of the good times, and there were many of them, but its hard to remember them at this moment.
Please pray for my Papa, and that God would be with my Granny.
I will post more when I know more.

Kendra

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hugs for you. You and your family, especially your Granny, will be in my prayers.

Judy said...

My prayers are with you all.

Granny said...

Oh my friend what a sad time this must be for you. I'm sorry that you can't be there but you can't be in two places at the same time.

I'll keep all of you in my prayers.