Monday, October 03, 2005

Once Upon A Time...

Ten Years Ago
I was 18 and starting college at Concordia with Lauren, and writing up a storm! That was my goal back then...write, write and become a writer. :)
Funny how your goals change, right?

Five Years Ago
I was newly married and living in a great apartment in Canton. I was working at Family Christian Stores and recovering from mono. Hmmm...I was working at our church doing whatever the Pastor, my dad, asked me to do. And lovin' it.

One Year Ago
I was trying to survive with a one year old and a two and a half year old. I spent most of my time breaking up fights and trying to get Merry to eat.

Yesterday
I got up around nine...reviewed my Sunday School lesson...made breakfast for the fam-fam...got us all ready for church. Got to church around 12:45, had choir practice from 1 to 1:45. Taught Sunday School from 2 to 3. Went in for worship service, and directed the choir in a ROCKIN' song! Around 3:45, made my way into the nursery to watch everyone's kids. After service, went to Baja Fresh for a well-deserved meal and then came home and watched Chicken Run with the family. Whew.


5 Songs I know all the words to
Still I Rise (gospel)
Send It On Down (gospel)
Here I am to Worship (praise and worship)
Lady (Kenny Rogers)
And just about any other Kenny Rogers song. Not to mention just about any song played on 100.3 fm.

5 Snacks
Sour Cream and Onion Chips
Chips Ahoy
Donuts
Any thing the girls are eating (I actually don't snack alot...I prefer REAL food.)

5 Things I'd do with 100 million dollars
Pay off ALL the bills
Get Scott a new 4Runner or Jeep...whatever he wanted
Build a log cabin up in Traverse City
Buy our church their own building
Give my mom and sister alot of spending money :)

5 Places I'd run away to
Family Christian Stores (that's my normal getaway)
Target (that's my get-out-of-the-house-with-the-girls getaway)
Venice
Prince Edward Island
Chamonix, France

5 Favorite books/TV shows
Anne of Green Gables
The Chronicles of Narnia
Mark of the Lion (by Francine Rivers)
His Needs Her Needs (excellent marriage book)
Redeeming Love (by Francine Rivers)

5 Greatest joys
God
Scott
Merry and Kelsey
My family (mom, dad, sis, etc.)
My "other" family (mom-in-law and dad-in-law)

5 Favorite toys
I'd rather read than do anything
My computer
Umm...I don't really have any toys...oops. :)

**5 People I'm tagging to do this**
Anyone who wants to do it.

No comments: