Thursday, September 01, 2005

Fits and Fun

Well, Merry's visitation at preschool was LOTS of fun.
Her teachers are very nice and capable, the room was HUGE and filled with tons of great toys, and she got to make two art projects while we were there!

The biggest draw for her was this sandbox playarea with shovels and pails and little wheels that sift the sand. She played there with a couple of other kids for at least fifteen minutes.

When it was time to go, we tried to get her to leave (which normally isn't a problem), and the kid FREAKED!!!!
I have NEVER seen her throw a fit like that! In front of at least 20 other parents and that many other kids and four teachers!
She screamed and kicked and sobbed through our goodbyes, the gathering of her totebag and the walk to the car!
The she proceeded to cry all the way home. We made two stops on the way home and she cried all the way. It was at least a fifteen minute crying jag.

I told Scott, "At least I don't have to worry about her crying when I drop her off on the first day!"
Picking her up may be a different story....whew....hopefully we can avoid another "scene" and she'll be her normal, angelic self.

Needless to say, the emotion I was feeling today was NOT sadness...it was frustration, which is NOT what I expected!

At least she had fun, until the fits kicked in!

1 comment:

Judy said...

That's the sign of a good school, when they cry at pick-up time!

I'll be boo hooing right along with you tomorrow...having Travis start kindergarten is going to really tug at my heart!