Wednesday, August 03, 2005

Slippery but Beautiful

Hey there.
Last night I drove to Marshall, Michigan for another campmeeting at our church's campground.
I dolled the girls up in their beautiful Mexican Princess dresses and headed on over. It took over an hour to get there, so I took the portable dvd player and let them watch a "mooie" while I drove...they were VERY good!
We got there and I unloaded them and attempted to herd them through the crowd into the sanctuary. I have discovered that cute little princess dresses are lovely, but totally SLIPPERY!!! I couldn't keep ahold of them for anything!
My parents corralled them in between them in the pew, so they were all set during service. However, as soon as service ended, and while I was trying to catch up with all my old friends, those slippery cuties took off!
I spent a good half-hour chasing them down repeatedly in between conversations.
By the time we were ready to leave, it took my mom, my dad and myself to get them out the door and buckled in the van!
I was beat by the time we made it to our hotel!

A word of advice to all you mothers with gorgeous little girls who LOVE princess dresses. When you take them to a big, crowded place in those slippery dresses, where rubber gloves so you can grab hold and keep them in one place!
TRUST ME...

No comments: