Friday, August 19, 2005

A Special Prayer Request

Well...today Meredith and I had quite a scare. Scott and I noticed on Wednesday morning that Merry had a HUGE mosquito bite on her leg. It was really swollen and a bit red. We gave her Benadryl and kept an eye on it. By last evening it was starting to look quite a bit better, but was still a little swollen. We didn't think anything more of it until my mom saw it today.
Merry's leg had developed a blotchy red rash all around the bite, and was very swollen. She developed a fever very quickly and I immediately called her pediatrician.
They got her in this afternoon, took one look at her leg, and told me that if I had waited any longer, she would have had to go to the emergency room and probably would have been put on an iv antibiotic!
Apparently, during the night, an infection developed, and her leg is pretty bad right now.
They've put her on some very strong antibiotics and I have very clear instructions on washing and taking care of the bite. I also have very clear instructions on how quickly to get her to the ER if anything changes!
Please say a prayer for my baby. I want this thing to clear up as soon as possible!

Thank God my mom saw the infection in time.
We'd appreciate your prayers.

2 comments:

Lauren said...

Oh kendra,

How scary for everyone. :( I'm so thankful that everything was checked out in time. I hope Merry heals up right away. I'll pray. Love you lots. Lauren

Kendra Lynn said...

Thanks to you all for your prayers.
I'm glad I have friends that care enough to pray for my babies.
Love to you all.

p.s. as of right now, 10:14 p.m. Friday night, she's got a temp of 102 and her leg is swollen and red...thankfully none of the red has extended from where it was this afternoon. Hopefully by tomorrow she will be much improved.